Two oldest cities in India that serve as the center for the Hindu religion are Varanasi and Allahabad, both located in the state of Uttar Pradesh. The Hindu mythology has a lot to do with these locations; further the presence of the River Ganga makes them all the more sacred for the Hindu pilgrims. You can simply indulge yourself in this spiritual journey through the package, Varanasi - Allahabad tour. The duration of the package is 3 days - 2 nights, it will take you around all the important sites and attractions the places have to offer.
Varanasi is said to be the oldest surviving city of the world. Varanasi is also called as Kashi or Benaras. Being the most venerated pilgrim place in Hindu religion, Varanasi is said to be a museum of temples. Also called the city of temples, Varanasi is home to about 2,000 temples. People from all parts of India as well as the world come to Varanasi to visit these temples, making the holy temples of Varanasi amongst the most visited temples in India. Many important and famous temples are located at Ganga Ghats (river front), adding to the religious value of the holy river, Ganges.
Allahabad, recognized for hosting the largest and grandest Hindu pilgrimage festival, is actually more than that. The city is usually known as Allahabad but the original nameswere “Prayag” or “Kaushambi”. This important destination in Uttar Pradesh has seen days of political, cultural and administrative influence from the time when it was the capital of Kuru rulers of Hastinapur, so you see Allahabad’s rich history does hold a power to captivate tourists on their visit. The city is popular as a venue for Kumbh Mela and for housing edifices like the Allahabad Fort, Allahabad University, and Anand Bhawan which is the ancestral home of the Nehru Family. In fact, the city is not just the home of the Nehru family but 13 other Prime Ministers of India! Interesting, right? Read the blog and you’d inculcate more interest in visiting Allahabad because I am packing this write-up with the very best of the city so that you do not miss anything worth experiencing.
VARANASI - SARNATH - PRAYAG - AYODHYA
4 Nights & 5 Days
Day 01: Arrive Varanasi Local
On arrival pickup from airport or railway station and transfer to hotel. In evening see world famous ganga arti. Overnight in Varanasi.
Day 02: Varanasi Local Sightseeing
In morning visit to Vishwanath temple, Annapurna devi, Vishalakshi devi, Sankat mochan, durga kund, manas temple and Birla temple - BHU. Overnight in Varanasi.
Day 03: Varanasi to Allahabad (135 Kms/4 Hours)
Morning drive to Allahabad to see the Sangam (Meeting point) of the three rivers - Ganga, Yamuna & Saraswati. Here the Maha Kumbh Mela is held every 12 years which is a major Hindu festival. Overnight stay at Hotel.
Sangam - Around 7 km from Civil Lines, overlooked by the eastern ramparts of the fort, wide flood plains and muddy banks protrude towards the sacred Sangam. At the point at which the brown Ganges meets the Greenish Yamuna, pandas (priests) perch on small platforms to perform puja and assist the devout in their ritual ablutions in the shallow waters. Beaches and ghats are littered with the shorn hair of pilgrims who come to offer pind for their deceased parents.
Day 04: Allahabad to Ayodhya Local (190 Kms/ 5 Hours)
After Breakfast check out and transfer to Ayodhya. on arrival transfer to hotel and check. Visit to Ramajanmbhumi - the birth place of lord Rama,janki bhawan,Kanak bhawan,Hanuman Gari. Return back to hotel. Overnight Stay at hotel
Day 05: Ayodhya to Varanasi Drop (230 Kms/ 5 Hours)
Breakfast at hotel. Check out from hotel. In time transfer and Drop at Varanasi Airport / Railway Station for onward journey.
- • Cost as per Mentioned Itinerary only.
- • Commercial vehicle which Includes all Tax, Toll tax, Parking, Driver night charges
- • Pickup and Drop to/from Railway station/Airport
- • Hotel as per selected above with CP plan (Twin sharing room with Complimentary Breakfast)
- • One Boat ride for about 45 min which covers all major Ghats of Varanasi ( At time of morning sunrise / evening sunset).
- • Any personal expenditure like tip, Pooja etc.
- • Any other boat ride, Guide charges
- • Any Entrance Ticket
- • Any Train/Flight Ticket
- • GST as 5 % ( As per Indian government norms)
- • Any deviation in itinerary will change the above proposed cost.
- • Kindly consult with Car Rental in Varanasi Team for correct cost or mail to - firstname.lastname@example.org
- • For 3,5,7,9… pax(Odd number) - One room will be triple sharing
- • Child below 6 is complimentary
- • Child from 6-12 will be charged as 60% of adult cost and Room will be shared by existing room with extra bed.
- • Child of 12 + are treated as adult.