A Jyotirlinga or Jyotirlingam, is a devotional representation of the Supreme God Shiva. Jyoti means 'radiance' and lingam the 'Image or Sign' of Shiva; Jyotir Lingam thus means the Radiant Sign of The Almighty Shiva. There are twelve traditional Jyotirlinga shrines in India.
According to Śiva Mahāpurāṇa, once Brahma (the god of creation) and Vishnu (the form of God during Preservation) had an argument over supremacy of creation. To settle the debate, Supreme God Shiva pierced the three worlds appearing as a huge Infinite Pillar of Light, the Jyotirlinga which later cooled into the Holy Mountain Annamalai (on which the Temple of Arunachaleshvara is located). Vishnu and Brahma split their ways to downwards and upwards respectively to find the end of the light in either direction. Brahma lied that he found out the end, while Vishnu conceded his defeat. This lie of Brahma angered Shiva making him curse Brahma that even though he is the creator of the universe he would not be worshipped. The jyotirlinga is the Supreme Shiva, partless reality, out of which Shiva appeared in another Form, Lingodbhava. The jyotirlinga shrines are Temples where Shiva appeared as a fiery column of light.
INDORE – UJJAIN - OMKARESHWAR – INDORE
2 Nights & 3 Days
Day 1:- INDORE – UJJAIN
Arrival at Indore. You are met and transferred to Ujjain. On arrival, check in at your hotel. After freshen up, On arrival visit to Mahakaleshwar Jyotirlinga Temple. Come back to hotel for overnight stay.
Day 2:- UJJAIN – OMKARESHWAR
After breakfast, drive to Omkareshwar. On arrival, check in at your hotel. After freshen up, Darshan of Omkareshwar Jyotirlinga Temple. Overnight at hotel.
Day 3:- OMKARESHWAR – INDORE
Morning after breakfast, drive to Indore Airport to board flight for onward journey.
- Meeting and assistance on arrival.
- Hotel & Daily fixed Menu breakfast .
- Air-conditioned Vehicle for sightseeing and excursions.
- Driver Bata, Toll tax and parking.
- Air fare / train fare.
- Coolie / porter charges.
- Camera charges.
- Donations at temples.
- Extended stay or travelling due to any reason.
- Any meals other then those specified in Tour Cost Includes.
- Expenses of personal nature such as tips, telephone calls, laundry, liquor etc.
- Any other item not specified in ‘Tour cost includes.
- Guide & Entrance fees during sightseeing.
- Note:- Tour Manager Services. (Minimum 15 Pax Required to avail tour manager Services).