Yatra starts from the capital of Uttarakhand, the queen of the hills, Dehradun. These four different pilgrim destinations, the CHARDHAM, situated in the magical Himalayas, joined by mysticism and spirituality, Beckon millions of visitors every year for a voyage into the unknown, for a flight towards the heavens, for a journey into these self..
As one of the spiritual tour, Chardham Yatra carries a lot of devotion. This holy expedition of sacred places in India includes the visit of four shrines, namely Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath and Badrinath Dham. Visiting these four sacred places together is called Chota Char DhamYatra, which is located at the Himalayan foot hills of Uttarakhand. The Chardham tour begins from Haridwar, which is the perfect gateway to reach Uttarkashi for Yamunotri, Gangotri and Kedarnath shrine, followed by a visit to Badrinath temple. Let us explore the Chardham Yatra tour:
It is the place known for the holy river Ganga’s origination. According to the myth, King Bhagirath brought Ganga down to the earth. Every year thousands of visitors come to this place to get rid of their sins and recovery from bad health. It is said that Gangotri temple was made in the 18th century and the temple is made of white Granite.
Being located at the elevation of 3164 meters, it is not less than bliss for the pilgrimage. Yamunotri Dham temple is situated at the river Yamuna, where devotees find both the temptation of cold and hot environment. The purified atmosphere of Himalayan gets chilled with cold tides of river Yamuna. The most amazing fact is, sides of Yamuna remains warmer, due to the thermal springs, which are also known as Goddess Shakti Kundas.
Shri Kedarnath Temple:
At an elevation of 3584 meters, you would find Kedarnath Temple above the sea level that flank around the river Mandakini. This place has one of the 12 forms of Lord Shiva as “jyotirlingas”, which was dropped on the hills of Mandar (The main location of temple). The temple has been constructed by AdiShankaracharya and named it as of the name of King Kedar. Idols from Shri KedarnathDham are brought to Ukhimath, during winters and worshipped for six months.
Shri Badrinath Temple:
Being elevated at the height of 3415 meters, this temple is situated in Garhwal Hills on the bank of the Alaknanda River. This sacred place is known for the devotion to Lord Vishnu. According to the myths, Lord Vishnu used to meditate under the Badri tree at this place. Hence, the name of this temple was given so. The idol of God Badrinath is made of Shaligram statue, in a meditative pose. As per the saying, Adi Shankaracharya made this temple in the 9th century. People can get the ultimate peace of mind by experiencing the spiritual temptation of Chardham Yatra.
Devotees across the world come for Chardham Yatra to get into the eternal bliss. You can check numerous Chardham Yatra package available on the web at affordable prices by the professionals.
Dehradoon - Yamunotri - Gangotri - Kedarnath - Badrinath
4 Nights / 5 Days
DAY 01: DEHRADUN TO YAMUNOTRI
07:00 AM DEPARTURE S’DHARA HELIPAD , DEHRADUN
07:45 AM ARRIVAL KHARSALI HELIPAD, YAMUNOTRI
Passengers are requested to reach state government helipad on Sahastradhara Road, Dehradun which is the starting and ending point of this yatra. Vehicles are arranged for pick up.
Our pilots and ground staff will brief the guest about the entire trip and do’s and don’ts. Breakfast will be arranged at Kharsali and passengers are supposed to leave their hotel early at Dehradun / Haridwar.
Upon arrival at Kharsali (The helipad for Yamunotri) passengers are welcomed by Heritage Aviation (HA), ground staff, who will unload their baggage and carry it to your hotel.
Temple is a 6 KMS trek which will be cover by palki. Total journey will take approx. 5 hour 30 min.
Generally passengers will return to hotel by lunch time. After rest, We do visit to Shani Temple which is near to your Hotel.
DAY 02: YAMUNOTRI TO GADGETRY
07:45 AM DEPARTURE YAMUNOTRI HELIPAD
08:30 AM ARRIVAL HARSIL HELIPAD, GADGETRY
Harsil is one of the most beautiful and picturesque Valley in Uttarakhand and also known for mini Switzerland. Gangotri temple is approx. 22 Km from Harsil helipad. Total drive time will be approx. 50 Mins. Stay will be arranged at Himalayan Nature resort which is around 2 KM away from Helipad. We provide all the basic and leisure facilities for tourists such as a premium accommodation with ensuite washrooms, delicious vegetarian food, Short walks, local sightseeing along with evening bonfire at Gangotri Valley
DAY 03: GANGOTRI TO KEDARNATH
09:00 AM DEPARTURE HARSIL HELIPAD, GANGOTRI
10:00 AM ARRIVAL KEDARNATH HELIPAD
Kedarnath is flanked with breathtaking snow -caped peaks, making it most beautiful and remote site among all for Chardham sites. We will arrive to Sersi Helipad from Gangotri,her after changing the chopper we will fly for Kedarnath Helipad.Temple distance is approx 500M from here and this distance can be cover in 15 Min approx.
Kedarnath doesn’t have good hotel options to stay, once your Darshan will completed, We will return to Guptkashi and your stay will be arranged at Villa Aadhya
In the evening, we will visit ancient Triuginarayan or Kalimath Mandir
DAY 04: KEDARNATH TO BADRINATH
10:00 AM DEPARTURE SERSI HELIPAD, GUPTKASHI
11:00 AM ARRIVAL BADRINATH HELIPAD
Badrinath has an average elevation of 3,100 Meters. The temple is approximately 50 ft (15 m) tall with a small cupola on top, covered with a gold gilt roof.
According to legend Shankar discovered a black stone image of Lord Badrinarayan made of Saligram stone in the Alaknanda River.
Accommodation will be arranged in Sarovar Portico which is very close to temple. In the Evening, We will visit Mana Village which is near to religious site of Badrinath.
The Special Maha Abhishek Puja is the highlight of the entire yatra. It starts at 0400 AM and last for 2 hours.
We have arranged an opportunity to all our guest to sit inside the temple and cherish the darshan of the Shringar of the deity from close quarters.
DAY 05: BADRINATH TO DEHRADUN
11:30 AM DEPARTURE BADRINATH HELIPAD
12:30 PM ARRIVAL S’DHARA HELIPAD, DEHRADUN
After having breakfast will depart from Badrinath for onwarsds journey with wonderful memories and lots of blessings.
GUIDELINES FOR PASSENGERS
- There is very limited space for luggage in the chopper. Only 5 kg luggage per passenger will be permitted. Passengers bringing excess baggage would not be allowed to take the same in the chopper.
- Passengers should carry only handbags as suitcases cannot be kept in the helicopter.
- All temples in Chardham are located in high altitude areas. Passengers are advice to carry regular medical kit.
- At these locations, it becomes cold throughout, so passengers must carry woolen clothes with them.
- Children above the age of 2 years will be considered full ticket
- There is no provision of concession to children or senior citizens
- All properties lodge with hot water, towels, shower and western toilets
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Available Hotel properties at Yamunotri and Gangotri are non-star category and the stay is arranged at best amongst them. However at Harsil and Badrinath the accommodation standard is 3.5 Star.
- Hotel can be change with similar options due to the over bookings.
- The booking has to be done in advance with a deposit of 50% of the charter amount.
- Heritage aviation reserves the right to postpone the timings of flyingsubjected to weather conditions.
- Full amount has to be deposited 14 days prior to date of journey.
- Re scheduling of booking to a next date will be done subject to availability and on payment of 10% of the cost. This will be permitted only if applied 7 days before journey date. In case the rescheduling is requested with less than 7 days to the journey then booking will be treated as cancelled and a fresh booking will be given subject to availability
- BAD WEATHER SITUATION If you are stuck in a bad weather situation on any particular day out of the 5 days we will still try to finish the darshan on next day. In case we are completely unable to visit any dham due to bad weather situation we will refund proportionate money. This means, if due to any reason we are unable to do 2 dhams then we will refund 50% payment. If unable to do 3 Dhams then we will refund 75% amount.
Points to Remember
Elevation of Chardham sector:
- Yamunotri : 3291 Meteres
- Gagotri : 3415 Meteres
- Kedarnath : 3553 Meteres
- Badrinath : 3300 Meteres
Note: Above are the elevation of all dham which is quite less than Rohtang Pass.Which means if one have visited Rohtang pass (3978 Meteres) ever) or similar heights,will not face breathing issue
- Things need to be carry: Regular medical kit , Windceater , Sport shoes, sunglasses ,sunscream ,flashlight ,Dry fruits (If required)
- Clothing : There is no restriction for clothing while you enter in Temple. For ladies we advise ignore weering sarees.Salwar kameez and jeans will be preferable.
- Telecom network BSNL & JIO is best to have otherwise other network is also available at all site(Some time with limited network).